This is one of those no-brainer recipes!
My mom has made this quiche for as long as I can remember.
It’s easy, delicious, and always looks impressive.
Takes about 5 minutes to prep! You just need to think ahead because it bakes for a hour. Just pop it in the oven first thing in the morning before you have your quiet time and shower….
Or do what I do and make a couple on a lazy weekend morning so you can eat the leftovers on the go during the week.
Mom’s Easy Elegant Quiche:
PREP: 5-10 MINUTES. BAKE TIME: 1 HOUR. SERVES: 3-6
1.) Preheat oven to 350* and ask Holy Spirit to bless the food and the people who will eat it!
2.) Next, make the crust:(or cheat like I did today and use a frozen gluten free crust!)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
Melt the butter in pie pan. Add the flour. Stir together and squish into bottom and sides of pan. Too easy!
3.) Last, make the filling:
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- about 1 cup chopped spinach, frozen or fresh
- about 1/3 cup chopped onion, frozen or fresh
- about 1 cup cheese of choice
4. ) Whisk it all together and dump in prepared crust.
5.) Bake at 350* for 1 hour. Enjoy!
Mom, thank you for loving us well! Thank you for praying that we’ll feel loved by the food you prepare for us. God hears those prayers!
Bonus tip! You can sub flavors easily. Use about a cup of whatever you have in the fridge or freezer…
- cooked sausage and cheddar
- crisped bacon and sauteed leeks
- Canadian bacon and gruyere
- Play with your veggies too… if you have any sauteed veggies from last night’s dinner, toss it in! Asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers. Mmmm.
Pin it for later!