Filling in the Blanks of Summer
He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.
A Prayer for Summer Strategies:
Thank you that you are a God of order. I like resting in your rhythms and seasons. I like the stability of knowing that after winter is spring and then summer and so on.
Please show me how I can help my children rest in some rhythms and routines at home this summer. Show me the few foundational pieces that I can add to our days to keep a sense of routine. Please highlight the one passage you want me to focus on with my children in the next few months. Please help me make the most of my time with them.
I praise you that you care about all these little things. I thank you that you help me and guide me. Thank you for your kindness.
In Jesus’ Name, amen.
Filling in the Blanks of Summer:
Today, let’s ask God to help us fill in a few of the blanks of summer. Try not to fill this in yourself. Ask Him. I love His surprises:
- What’s one thing we can (actually) do every morning together to keep up a sense of routine? _________________
- How can I include my children in my routines and responsibilities this summer? ________________ And when in the day do we do those things together? ______________
- What one passage of Your Word can I focus on with my kids in the evenings this summer? __________________
Do tell! We’ll have to keep each other accountable to this! I’ll go first:
- I’m including my girls in doing dishes and wiping down the table after breakfast each morning. I let them know this is our new routine together.
- We plan to swing on the swingset for a bit each morning while I read to them.
- Our passage this summer is Psalm 91! We read it after bedtime stories.